Kobelco Compressors America, Inc. (KCA) is a leading manufacturer of process gas compressors. We offer three (3) types of compressors: screw, reciprocating and centrifugal.
Kobelco compressors can comply with heavy-duty process gas service requirements (API Standards). With expertise in all compressor technologies, KCA can recommend and engineer the optimal process gas compressor for our client’s specific application.
Cover Letter: providing a cover letter is greatly appreciated.
The Systems (Project) Engineer is responsible for independently managing and executing compressor system packaging projects from customer purchase order through engineering, procurement, manufacturing, and system commissioning on schedule and within budget. This position has substantial discretion, autonomy and independence in the execution of his/her duties, decisions and/or responsibilities.
Position Functions and Duties
- Review proposal documents and project specifications to implement into system design.
- Maintain strong communication with vendors and other project disciplines, and management to ensure project requirements are met.
- Create and revise required project documentation and submits to customer and KCA's departments per agreed document schedule.
- Responsible for sizing equipment (pumps, control valves, regulators, piping etc.) to meet project design conditions, customer specifications, and KCA standards.
- Coordinate design review meetings to ensure integrity and quality of systems.
- Procure equipment to meet the project manufacturing schedule and budget by utilizing EPICOR ERP system.
- Submit daily reports through Microsoft Teams.
- Support production shop floor and Quality Control through manufacturing and customer inspection points.
- Provide technical support to Field Service during system pre-commissioning and commissioning as well as trouble shooting for project warranty period.
- Assist in developing company standards, procedures, and continuous improvement activities.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- B.S Mechanical Engineering or related engineering fields
- 1-3 years work experience in an engineering environment or experience in the oil and gas industry is a plus.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments as required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Displays ownership/responsibility of projects and assignments.
- Ability to problem solve with minimal support.
- Knowledge of American Petroleum Institute (API) standards specially 619 or 617 and 614.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles.
- Knowledge of rotating machinery auxiliary equipment.
- Competent with Microsoft Office.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- This job operates in a professional office environment and production/manufacturing environment requiring occasional domestic and international travel for meetings with clients and vendors to include technical clarifications, project presentations, and other related issues.
- When applicable by KCA’s policy, KCA will allow for remote work from home. KCA will provide laptop to work from employee’s home, however employee must have all necessary stationery of their own (such as printer, scanners, paper, pencil, pen, home desk, chairs and so on), additional monitors, Internet router/modem and Internet connection/provider, necessary utilities (gas, electricity, water etc.) at home.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position (75% of the time).
- Must attend all necessary online project related meetings and weekly System Engineering section meetings when scheduled, even if the meetings are outside of the employees Time Zone.
- Must be available to travel to KCA, Corona, CA facility frequently for training, executing project related activities and guiding, troubleshooting KCA shop floor when skids are in production or shipping phase.
- Must not have travel restrictions (have valid passport, visa, ability to obtain visa etc.) as this job requires occasional domestic and international travel for meetings with clients and vendors to include technical clarifications, project presentations, and other related issues.
- Must be familiar with production/manufacturing environment as this job occasionally moves around in manufacturing, power plant, offsite and chemical refinery environments; moving around in outside conditions that may include, but not limited to inclement weather, noise, dust, smoke, heat, hot and cold temperatures. Noise level may be loud at times.
- When at KCA office, must be able to frequently move around inside office to access file cabinets, printers, etc.
- Must be able to accurately detect, identify, communicate, and discuss.
- Occasional positioning self to maintain computers including under the desk throughout the office environment.
- Frequently positions and/or moves light to moderate amounts of weight, up to 25 pounds
- Routinely operates office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Corona, CA 92878: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have experience with screw, reciprocating and/or centrifugal compressors?
Education: Bachelor's (Preferred)
Experience: Project engineering: 3 years (Preferred)